Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Speaking Tree


Man came, man saw, man conquered.
He took, he snatched, he plundered.
He soiled, he axed and uprooted.
All this he did, and he blundered!

My family nested there once,
The very place you've nested yours.
But you still have yours;
And I have none, no, not one.

What did I do to you?
What didn't I do for you?
Gave my everything to you.
And this is what you give me in return?

Where are your manners Adam?
Where is your conscience mortal?
Did it turn to stone, you bastard?
As you axed down my folks - The Mustards?

Did you see me cry?
Did you hear me sigh?
Did you see me bleed?
Did you hear me plead?

I guess no.
If you did, I'd know. 
You are too arrogant, you scoundrel!
You'll soon meet your end and ordeal.

And then you'll know all that you did was gore.
And then you'll see the blood on your hands for sure.
And then your guilt will eat you from within.
And then I'll laugh as I see you writhe and wriggle.

Empty handed I came I know, and empty handed I'll go from here.
But I wish there would be someone to cry.
As I bid my final goodbyes,
Lying motionless in the grave that's mine.

But as for you, you mortal! You wicked, wicked thing!
Remember one thing - as you sow, so shall you reap.
And one day all you'll do is sit and weep,
Over the grave that laid The Mustards.

This post was a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative 
for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda and it got selected as the BEST entry
for WOW. Here is the link: WOW winners

This poem is also a dedication by the baby mustard tree in memory of his 
beautiful parents - The Mustards, who were brutally killed by The Bastards (us).

And like Agent Smith says in The Matrix, 'Every mammal develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding and environment, humans do not. Humans move to an area and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way they survive is by spreading to another area. And there's another organism on this planet which follows similar patter. A Virus'

Well, God did not intend for us to be viruses, lets be more humane, lets be HUMANS and not some nuisance!

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh that's a lovely poem. But it goes on show how greedy we humans are! :(

      Delete
  2. Wow! A beautiful read full of pain and agony. I wonder when will this sin end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly that is the truth of life on Earth..unfair..very very unfair :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Ankit!

      I read yours as well. Nice take! :)

      Delete
  5. My first thoughts were similar to those of Sandra Tyler (first comment on this post), but it's easy to see how most of us would think along the same lines if we were to think from the point of view of the last tree standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I read 'The Giving Tree' after that comment! But like you said - most of us would think along the same lines if we were to think from the point of view of the last tree standing. :)

      Delete
    2. And while 'The Giving Tree' is dialogue and talks about the friendship between a tree and man; whereas my poem 'The Speaking Tree' is more of a monologue where the tree spits fire on mankind. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful & Touching....!!!....Truth to the Core....a very Good meesage as well

    ReplyDelete

Like what read? Leave a comment and let me know!
Hate what you read? Leave the page! =)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...